Here comes the 6th month of the year. Considering my last post was in March, I had not realised I had missed the postings of April and May. So much has happened within this period...
To sum up the entire period,
1) I successfully completed most of the assignments of my degree and the only thing standing between me and my certificate is the last paper which is due in mid June.
2) I switched my CPF-IS account from DBS to UOB after realising the quarterly account maintenance cost of DBS charges $2/counter with a minimum of $5 while UOB charges a flat fee of $2/counter.
3) Workwise, performance review of the year 2016 concluded with a promotion effective July.
In my SG account: No transactions except collect dividends from Aims and Lippo in May.
My current SG Cash holdings include:
1) ACCORDIA GOLF TRUST
2) LIPPO MALLS INDO RETAIL TRUST
3) AIMS AMP CAP INDUSTRIAL REIT
Overall capital gain is +14.45%
Overall P&L with dividend is +19.3%
In my US account: I’ve been collecting profits from crude oil, natural gas and gold. So far, crude oil looks to be the most stable given all the OPEC cuts, middle east volatility. Increasing portfolio by nearly 25% since the beginning of this year.
Looking back, all the losing trades I made last year was entirely due to my inability to maintain discipline and exit the trade when it hit my stop loss target. I always hoped that the market was too low and can only go higher… boy was I so very wrong when my account size could not adequately meet the margin requirement.
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any mentioned stocks or securities in this blog.